Friday, May 24, 2013

< welcome to the world, little one >

Just over a week ago, I had a life changing experience. I got to photograph a birth. And not just any birth, but the birth of my dear friends' first baby girl (after 3 boys). Mom is a labor and delivery nurse, so she is so comfortable in this setting, but isn't as often in the position of the one on the bed. (She also is a fabulous photographer, and photographed the birth of my baby boy for me, which I will treasure for the rest of my life!)

She did it with no epidural, and was super woman through the whole experience. (And seriously, who looks this good during and right after labor? Her skin is glowing and magical. No make-up, people!) It was a pretty fast-paced birth, and watching someone I love so dearly in that kind of pain was hard for me to endure, especially having been there a couple of times. But it was a miraculous occasion, and I was reminded that every life is a miracle. 

Congratulations, my dear friends. Love you guys.


















No comments: